Deploying a PowerPivot solution to SharePoint web application is required for server configuration.
- Click the Start button, select All Programs, select Microsoft SharePoint Products 2010, and then select SharePoint 2010 Central Administration.
- In SharePoint 2010 Central Administration, in System Settings, click Manage farm solutions.
You should see two separate solution packages: powerpivotfarm.wsp and powerpivotwebapp.wsp. The first solution (powerpivotfarm.wsp) is deployed when you install the first PowerPivot for SharePoint instance and never needs to be deployed again. The second solution (powerpivotwebapp.wsp) is deployed for Central Administration, but you must deploy this solution manually for each SharePoint web application that will support PowerPivot data access.
- Click powerpivotwebapp.wsp.
- Click Deploy Solution.
- In Deploy To?, select the SharePoint web application to which you want to add PowerPivot feature support.
- Click OK.
- Repeat for other SharePoint web applications that will also support PowerPivot data access.